It’s time once again for performance appraisals to be completed. Human Resources (HR) understands ongoing dialogue between supervisors and staff is an integral and fundamental part of the performance management process. Performance appraisals enable supervisors to engage employees in a dialogue about how well the employee is performing their job duties and to discuss goals for the coming year.
The 2022-2023 Performance Management (PM) forms, are now available on the HR Performance Management Forms and Documents website. The available forms include:
- Performance Appraisal Form
- Performance Appraisal Addendum
- Supplemental Performance Feedback Form
- Goal Agreement Form
Performance appraisals are required annually for all career employees [see PPSM 23: Performance Management and Local Procedure 23]. HR has posted helpful resources to assist with those conversations and prepare for the annual appraisal process, including:
- Calibration Resource Guide
- Performance Factors and Behavior Indicators Guide
- Overview on Setting Smart Goals
- UCR Campuswide Standards and Guidelines
For the 2022-2023 evaluation period, each organizational unit must certify to HR by Friday, May 26, 2023 that all staff have received annual appraisals for the 12-month performance period ending on March 31, 2023. Please visit the HR Performance Management website for further resources including a suggested timeline.
- Performance Management designated email address – now available soquestions can be quickly asked and answered: firstname.lastname@example.org
The current Performance Management review cycle will end on March 31, 202**3**. As reminder, completion of, or failure to complete, the following UC-required training will be reflected in the completed Performance Appraisal form and will impact merit pay:
- UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors and Faculty
- Cyber Security Awareness Training for all UC Staff and Faculty
For additional information about Performance Management, please visit the Performance Management website.