Helping employees maximize their potential

University of California, Riverside –

The information provided below is being shared to bring awareness to the availability of the Federal student loan forgiveness program for all UC employees making payments towards paying off the loan. Please review the information below, visit the links to the program website, and contact FedLoan Servicing at (855) 265-4038 if you have any questions about the program.

Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)

If you are employed by a U.S. federal, state, local, or tribal government or not-for-profit organization, you might be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Visit the PSLF website to see whether you might qualify.

PSLF Eligibility Requirements and Process

To qualify for PSLF, you must:

  • be employed by a U.S. federal, state, local, or tribal government or not-for-profit organization (federal service includes U.S. military service);
  • work full-time for that agency or organization;
  • have Direct Loans (or consolidate other federal student loans into a Direct Loan);
  • repay your loans under an income-driven repayment plan; and
  • make 120 qualifying payments.

You must be working for a qualifying employer at the time you submit the form for forgiveness and at the time the remaining balance on your loan is forgiven.

Whether you have made 120 qualifying payments, or working toward loan forgiveness, it is recommended to complete and submit the (PSLF) & Temporary Expanded PSLF (TEPSLF) Certification & Application (PSLF form) to determine if you are making qualifying PSLF payments. This will help you determine if you are on the right track for loan forgiveness as early as possible.

Submit the form to the UCPath Center for employer certification.

The UCPath Center is responsible for certifying the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) form only and will defer any questions about the program to the PSLF website for answers.

Here are the steps to submit the completed PSLF form to the UCPath Center:

  • There is a five-day turnaround time for requests.
  • You must complete Sections 1 and 2 fully prior to submitting the request.
  • UCPath will complete Sections 3 and 4. These sections should be left blank when the form is submitted.
  • Please specify along with your request, how and where to return the form.
  • Written requests can be faxed to (855) 982-2329 or emailed to

Submitting an Inquiry

  1. Go to Submit an Inquiry webpage.
  2. Select Topic Payroll.
  3. Select Category Submit FormPayroll Administration.
  4. Enter your Subject.
  5. Enter your Description.
  6. Verify Best Contact Number and Email.
  7. Click Add Attachment, if necessary.
  8. Click Submit.
  9. Keep copies of all documents and confirmation email from UCPath acknowledging receipt.

After UCPath signs the form, send the completed form to FedLoan Servicing, the U.S. Department of Education’s federal loan servicer for the PSLF Program. You may mail the form to the following address or fax to (717) 720-1628:

U.S. Department of Education
FedLoan Servicing
P.O. Box 69184
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9184

If FedLoan Servicing is already your servicer, you may upload your PSLF form on their website. For questions, review the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program FAQ webpage or contact FedLoan Servicing at (855) 265-4038