Health Care Facilitator Program
Your UC sponsored plans are an extremely valuable benefit and an important part of your compensation. The Health Care Facilitator Program was established to help you obtain full benefits and services available from your health, dental, and vision plans.
What they can do for you
The Health Care Facilitator serves active and retired UCR faculty and staff, and surviving spouse/domestic partners and beneficiaries, and can provide the following services:
- Assist in resolving issues with your physician, medical group, or health plan.
- Help you understand your medical plan coverage and rights.
- Help you understand how Medicare benefits coordinate with UC Medical Plans.
- Help you navigate the Health Care system.
- Provide referrals to other campus or community resources.
The Health Care Facilitator should be contacted:
- If you have unresolved Medical Care or Medical Plan issues.
- If you have a question about your medical plan coverage or rights.
- If you would like to discuss a health care issue.
Contact Your Physician or Physician's Staff
The most important relationship is the one you have with your physician, nurse, or other health care professional. If you have a question or concern, contact your physician.
Contact Your Medical Group
If you’re a member of an HMO, your medical group has a member relations department that can help you find a physician, work out billing problems, or obtain referrals for service.
Contact Your Health Plan
Speak with a customer service representative who can explain the plan’s policies and procedures. Many problems can be resolved by working with your health plan.
Prepare Ahead of Time
Ask About Emergency Care
First Source of Contact
If Member Services cannot assist you, please contact the Health Care Facilitator.