UC-CORO Systemwide Leadership Collaborative
The University of California has partnered with Coro Northern California since 2006 to develop current and future administrative and faculty leaders. The UC-Coro Systemwide Leadership Collaborative program focuses on enhancing leadership skills and developing intercampus and cross-functional collaboration.
The purpose of this leadership program is to enhance leadership skills and foster relationships, networking and collaboration across UC while building a pipeline for executive leadership positions.
Each year, we hope to attract a diverse group of nominees who represent both the academic and administrative functions of the University.
The 2021 UC-Coro Systemwide Leadership Collaborative will engage up to 60 high performing senior leaders from across the UC system. The participants will form a northern California cohort and a southern California cohort. Each cohort will follow the same curriculum.
- The opportunity to build a network of UC leaders and a potential pipeline for executive leadership positions at UC
- The ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries to solve problems and contribute to the betterment of UC
- Access to a diverse slate of executive leadership from across UC. Enhanced learning about UC’s multiple locations, their strengths and impact
- Increased self and other awareness with a focus on inclusive leadership skills
Improved leadership skills through personalized individual and group coaching
Participant Nomination Eligibility
This leadership program focuses on emergent leadership frameworks and the benefits of inter-campus and cross-functional collaboration. The program is tailored for a diverse group of individuals at the Director level and above who report to one of the following leadership positions:
- Chancellor or Provost
- President’s Executive Officer (COO, CFO, Systemwide Provost, etc.)
- Medical Center Chief Officer (CEO, COO, CFO, CIO, etc.)
- Vice President, Vice Chancellor or Vice Provost
- Academic Dean
- Associate/Assistant Vice Chancellor
Vice Provost or Vice President
- Classified as Director level or above in a permanent, career appointment
- Served in the current position for at least one year
- Demonstrates a desire to make an active contribution to UC
- Shows evidence of leadership experience or potential, and meaningful involvement in their workplace or community
- Possesses strong personal initiative and motivation
- Has the ability to work collaboratively and well within a diverse group
Is in good standing in work performance (not on any corrective action plan)
- Eleven sessions, consisting of three, two-day intensive class sessions held at various UC locations (dependent on state, county, local, and UC health guidelines), plus five, interactive virtual sessions
- Executive coaching (individual and group)
- Executive leadership interaction and interviews
- Opportunities to learn about UC’s unique educational opportunities, research, and public service
- Peer consultancy opportunities throughout the program
- A group project through which cohorts develop recommendations for a UC leader-sponsored initiative of systemwide import. A final group presentation for UC senior leaders focusing on recommendations.
- The program is rigorous and requires a firm commitment of approximately 80 hours of seminars and intersession assignments
- The group project requires an additional time commitment of at least 40 hours
Active participation is integral to the learning process and experience - program participants must attend all sessions.
Nomination and Program Timeline
- May 31, 2021: Nomination submissions due - 2021 UC-Coro Systemwide Leadership Collaborative Nomination Form
- June 7, 2021: Accepted Nominee Participant notified via email and sent online Nominee Acceptance Questionnaire
- June 14, 2021: Nominee Acceptance Questionnaire completion due date - Accepted Nominees who do not complete the questionnaire by the due date will not be included in the 2021 program
- July 1, 2021: Pre-work and pre-program survey emailed to participants to be completed before July 17, 2021
- August 3 and 4, 2021: Northern Cohort program begins
- August 10 and 11, 2021: Southern Cohort program begins
Program /Travel Costs
- UC-Coro Systemwide Leadership Collaborative Program cost remains $5,000 per participant. This fee covers all program materials, assessments, facilitation partner fees, and executive coaching (both individual and group).
- The participant's UC location is responsible for covering all travel-related costs, including lodging, parking, and any meals not included in the program.
- Participants manage their own travel arrangements and submit travel reimbursements to their location/department using the established location Travel & Entertainment procedures.