University of California, Riverside

Human Resources

Retirement Services Transition FAQ

Retirement Administration Service Center Frequently Asked Questions

UCR transferred responsibility for retirement counseling to UC's Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC) effective June 1, 2013. The following FAQ is intended to assist all UCR employees obtain retirement counseling services effective that date.

1. What is the UC Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC)?

The UC Retirement Administration Service Center is located in Oakland, CA and supports members of the university with preparing for and transitioning into retirement. RASC provides plan members — employees, retirees, and their eligible family members — information they need to understand their options, make informed decisions, and effectively manage their benefits.

2. What services are provided by RASC?

You should contact RASC for the majority of retirement counseling services including:

  • General questions regarding the UC Retirement Plan (UCRP), such as inquiries regarding vesting, service credit and highest average plan compensation (HAPC)
  • Retirement service credit buybacks
  • Retirement estimates
  • Personal retirement profiles and retirement elections
  • Disability retirement counseling and elections
  • Eligibility for retiree health insurance
  • Qualified domestic relations orders
  • Capital accumulation provision (CAP) inquiries
3. What services remain at the campus Benefits Office?

The campus Benefits Office staff provides assistance with:

  • Counseling for survivors of deceased employees
  • UCRP payroll deduction questions
  • Counseling on Rehired Retiree Election Forms
  • Administrative questions regarding retirement policy and retirement plan eligibility
4. How do I contact RASC?

You can reach a RASC Customer Service Representative by phone at 1-800-888-8267. RASC Representatives are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. You will normally be able to speak with a RASC Representative within 90 seconds of your call. Retirement plan inquiries may also be submitted to RASC via an online form on the At Your Service Website. Please note that online form inquiries will be responded to within 5 business days of submission.

5. What about confidentiality?

RASC treats retirement counseling as confidential until signed retirement election paperwork is received by RASC.

6. Is assistance available in languages other than English?

Yes, RASC contracts with a company which provides translation services for numerous languages over the phone in real time. An employee in need of this service should advise the RASC Customer Service Representative of the needed language at the beginning of their call.

7. Does the campus offer Retirement Savings Program Classes?

Yes, UCR coordinates a full range of UC Financial Education Classes through Fidelity.

8. Should I call RASC if I have a question about my Retirement Savings Program (403(b), 457(b) or DC Plan/Safe Harbor)?

No, you should contact Fidelity Retirement Services at 866-682-7787 regarding the Retirement Savings Program.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

UCR LibrariesCampus Status
Career OpportunitiesDiversity
Visit UCRMaps and Directions

Department Information

Human Resources
1201 University Ave., Suite 208
Riverside, CA 92507

Tel: (951) 827-5588
Fax: (951) 827-2672