University of California, Riverside

Human Resources

Employee Service Credit Verification

Employment Service Credit

Employment Service Credit is used to determine vacation accrual rate and eligibility for service awards.

All University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), DOE Laboratories (DOE), and State of California service (including Hastings College) at 50 percent time or more is counted to determine an employee's total employment service credit. 

  • Periods of leave with pay, military leave, and leave without pay due to a work-incurred injury or illness are included when calculating length of employment service.
  • Periods of leave without pay are not included when calculating length of employment service.
  • If you are on pay status less than 50 percent time in a pay period, University Service credit is not earned for that pay period.

Verifying and Transferring Employment Service Credit

Employment service credit will follow an employee transferring from one UC location to another, but this is not an automatic process. Employees are responsible for requesting verification of prior UC, CSU, DOE, and State of California employment service credit to ensure an accurate account of their total employee service credit. UCPath and/or the employee’s department are responsible for the verification process. In order to have any state agency service credit accounted for, the employee will need to log into UCPath online and navigate to Forms Library > Access Forms > State Agency Prior Service Verification. Complete eForm 4613 online and verify it was saved successfully. UCPath will send an email to the employee informing them of the steps that they must complete. The email will come from Do not dispose of the email, because there is a link within the instructions that will help the employee complete the final steps.

The email will read as follows:

You must complete the following steps before it will be submitted for approval:

  • print the PDF version of the form
  • mail the form to the state agency
  • when the state agency returns the form back to you, Click Here to access the form
  • enter the data from the completed form and attach it
  • submit the form for approval.

If further assistance is needed, please contact UCPath via:

Note: Employment Service Credit does not accrue in the same way as, and should not be confused with, UCRP Retirement Service Credit. To verify your total UCRP Retirement Service Credit sign on to At Your Service Online and select "Retirement Estimates." Scroll down until you see your current years of UCRP service credit. If you believe that your retirement service credit is incorrect, please contact the Benefits Office at (951) 827-4766.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

UCR LibrariesCampus Status
Career OpportunitiesDiversity
Visit UCRMaps and Directions

Department Information

Human Resources
1201 University Ave., Suite 208
Riverside, CA 92507

Tel: (951) 827-5588
Fax: (951) 827-2672