Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Information and Resources
Stay up-to-date on UCR campus information and resources for COVID-19; please visit the UCR Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage. On this page, Human Resources is providing information and resources for UCR staff to navigate through the campus impact from COVID-19.
- Update – At-Home Over-the-Counter COVID-19 Tests - January 27, 2022
- Extension – Vacation Maximum Accrual and Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) - September 22, 2021
- Update - UCR Vaccination Policy (8.13.21)
- UCR Face Covering Policy webpage
- UCR Face Covering While Indoors (7.28.21)
- UCR Vaccination Policy (7.27.21)
- California is Open - CDC Travel Guidelines (7.26.21)
- UC Vaccination Policy has gone into effect (July 16. 2021)
- Message from Chancellor Wilcox - Campus and Workplace COVID Update (June 23, 2021)
- COVID-19 Related Leaves for Policy-Covered and Represented Staff Employee (Revised May 10, 2021)
- UC 2021 Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) Notice and 2021 EPSL Request Form (Revised May 10, 2021)
- New! Interim Policy: SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Program
- UC COVID-19 Related Leaves for Policy-Covered and Represented Staff Employees
- All UCR employees now eligible for COVID-19 vaccine
- Clarification on the COVID-19 - Paid Time Off and Use of PAL
- Interim Policy: SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Program
- UC COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
- COVID-19 Related Leaves and Job Protections Guidance for Policy-Covered and Represented Staff Employees - Sixth Issuance (November 18, 2020)
- University of California Executive Order - published November 17, 2020
- COVID-19 Related Leaves and Job Protection Guidance for Policy-Covered and Represented Staff Employees - Revised 10.13.2020. The SHR COVID-19 guidance has been updated along with the EPSL/EFML forms.
- UCR COVID-19 Employee Emergency Fund established
- UCR COVID-19 Symptom Monitoring and Reporting Procedures for Covered Staff and Supervisors
- Proclamation Suspending Entry of Aliens Who Present a Risk to the U.S. Labor Market Following the Coronavirus Outbreak
HR COVID-19 Resources
UCR Face Covering
On July 27, 2021, the CDC and CDPH issued new guidance recommending mask wearing indoors for areas where COVID-19 transmission is high. Southern California and Riverside County fall into this category. In response to changing conditions, UCR has updated the campus requirements. View the UCR Face Covering Policy.
For additional information about UCR COVID-19 resources, please visit the Environmental Health & Safety Coronavirus COVID-19 webpage and the UCR Campus Return webpage.
As announced , the UC Office of the President released the final COVID-19 vaccination policy. Faculty, staff and students can submit their proof of vaccine via the Employee Vaccine Tracking and the Student Portal. Proof of vaccination or request for an exemption/deferral must be submitted by August 16, 2021. View the UCR Vaccination Policy.
The UCR Vaccination Policy was updated on August 13, 201.
|At UCR we also want to unearth new discoveries, deliver a high-quality educational experience, and provide services in support of student success. Ultimately, we need to consider work location in the context of both individual performance and community. For information about Remote Work at UCR, please visit the HR Remote Work webpage.
|Working remotely is the default mode of operation and all are requested to continue to do so until further notice. All returns to the workplace must be pre-approved. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please speak with your supervisor. Additionally, with the understanding that spikes or outbreaks of new COVID-19 infections could occur, all operations will be ready to retreat to conservative phases if safety concerns arise. The Campus Return webpage provides guidance which applies to all employees who perform duties on campus or UC leased or affiliated properties, unless the facility has expressly provided different instructions.
|To reassure all, the UCPath Center has notified all campuses that the UCPath Payroll will continue amidst COVID-19 mitigation measures. Payroll processing is a critical function and will continue during the campus closure. We are also working locally as a campus to ensure that we have the structure in place to support on-time payroll processing and timely responses/updates. To view the UCPath COVID-19 FAQs, please visit the UCPath Campus Support Center website.
|The UCR Covid-19 Staff Q & A webpage is a resource for UCR staff to get information and policy updates including: Paid Administrative Leave, Telecommuting / Parking and Students and Other Part-Time Employees.
|The Supervisor Guidance – New Hires During Campus Closure webpage provides guidance to assist campus units in navigating staff and undergraduate student hiring, onboarding, off-boarding and leave actions during the period of the closure, and as employees begin to use Paid Administrative Leave due to the COVID-19 crisis.
UC Benefits Plans
|The UCR Health & Welfare Benefits team have been working closely with UCPath, the Office of General Counsel, the plan administrators and carriers, and their consulting partners to understand the impact of the new rule and guidance and develop implementation plans. The Important Changes to UC Benefits / FSA Programs webpage details what benefits plan changes has been determined to date. Please note that this is a constantly evolving landscape, and we will continue to share information as it becomes available.
|The COVID-19 Response from UC Health Plans webpage is a resource for the Department Benefits Representative with information that highlights what UC participating medical providers offer for care and services for employees and retirees affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
|EOD is providing a list of resources that may be useful to managers and supervisors during these challenging times. As a UC employee, you have access to CEB Global, which is an excellent resource for information on how to respond, manage and prepare for the impact of coronavirus in the workforce. Simply register with your UCR email address.