Merit Program Guidelines
General Liability Requirements
- General liability requirements to be published at a later date.
This is the process in which performance and performance ratings at each level are discussed and normalized within a group. The conversations determine what differentiates performance. The outcome of implementing this process will be to drive greater consistency in the rating process across the school, college or organizational unit. Each school, college or organizational unit has the flexibility to construct this process in the way that is most effective for them.
Please refer to the Calibration Resource Guide for more information and a recommended best practice for conducting calibration.
As a reminder, calibration discussions should occur when the appraisal is in the draft stage and has not yet been shared with the employee.
- Within each school, college or organizational unit, an individual or group of individuals at the leadership level takes responsibility for coordinating and communicating the calibration and merit distribution process.
- Supervisors and managers within that school, college or organizational unit are directly engaged/involved with the calibration process.
Distribution/Application of Merit
This is the process in which the merit dollars/amounts are applied to individual employees based on performance. Each school, college or organizational unit has the flexibility to construct this process in the way that is most effective for them. We recommend the adoption of the distribution principles listed below.
- No across-the-board distribution. There is differentiation in the application of merit dollars.
- The only factor considered in the application or distribution of merit funds is annual performance (e.g. equity and/or placement in the range/market are not considered). However, employees must complete the required Cyber Security Training and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training. Non-compliance will impact the individual's merit award.
- Application of dollars/merit is consistent across performance ratings.
- Supervisors are informed about the merit application process outcomes prior to communication with individual employees
Merit Pool and Effective Dates
- Pool and dates to be published at a later date.